Exit is an All Together Now project that works to prevent and reduce the recruitment and growth of white power groups active in Australia. Once involved, the cost to an individual can be very high and leaving the white supremacist group can be very difficult. For this reason, early intervention is crucial.
In addition to working directly with young people at risk of joining a white supremacy group, Exit also provides advice to friends, family and community workers who have concerns about a person becoming involved in the movement.
Responding to White Supremacy: A Guide for Frontline Workers was created with the support of the Australian Attorney General’s Department and is suitable for all frontline workers, including youth workers, counsellors, psychologists, social workers and teachers.
It provides information about the white supremacist movement in Australia and strategies for responding to someone who is involved in, r at risk of becoming involved in the white power movement including information on:
- the white supremacist movement in Australia;
- why people get involved in white supremacy and who is most at risk;
- how white supremacy groups operate;
- the radicalisation process and how to recognise it; and
- assisting someone involved/at risk of involvement in white supremacy group.
If you would like a copy of the guide, please contact us on [email protected].