All Together Now’s vision is for an Australia that embraces cultural diversity and is free from racism. We seek to achieve this by creating innovative, evidence-based and effective social marketing that is positive, provocative and courageous.
We use these tactics to achieve our mission:
· raising awareness among Australian residents about different cultures, thereby breaking down misconceptions, busting stereotypes, and challenging xenophobia
· increasing empathy among Australian residents towards people from different cultures, thereby lowering people’s biases against people from other cultures
· educating Australian residents about how racism manifests and the effects it has on people subjected to it, thereby increasing personal accountability
· promoting values that underpin cultural diversity such as mutual respect, empathy, insight, compassion, dignity
· empowering Australian residents to embrace their own culture/s without fear of prejudice or prosecution, thereby enabling people to understand the importance of culture
· building positive social norms through the use of popular culture such as advertising and social media
· measuring – and learning from – our work and sharing our evaluation with others
These tactics are based on a framework published in 2009 to reduce race-based discrimination in Australia. The framework is explained in the Building on our Strengths report by Yin Paradies at the University of Melbourne.
Also read: How do you respond to Racism?
All Together Now was established in 2010. It is a registered charity (since 3 December 2012) and has no connections to the television show All Together Now Australia. We do not take responsibility for anything that is said or done during the show.