In ATN news
Our 2011-2012 Annual Report
Please take a look at our Annual Report for the 2011-12 financial year.
- Completed our Give Racism The Finger campaign by running a poster campaign in Melbourne, and evaluating the campaign.
- Successfully applied for a Diversity and Social Cohesion grant to run the One Parramatta project currently underway. Episode 1 was filmed on 1 & 2 June 2012 with six more episodes due to be produced by May 2013.
- Increased our supporter base and interaction on our social media pages across Facebook (up 24% yoy) and Twitter, further encouraging constructive discussions about racism.
- Together with the NSW Reconciliation Council, ran the sellout event “I’m Not Racist, But…” in Sydney for the second year running.
- Participated in the Australian Human Rights Commission’s consultation forming the basis for the government’s National
- Anti-Racism Strategy, including speaking at an expert forum and making a submission.
- Ran a forum for young people with The Street University about police engagement with youth in Liverpool, NSW.
We have also improved the way we work by undertaking the following operational activities:
- Inducted our first Chairperson, Kylie O’Reilly, who has bought a business and media focus to the organisation.
- Inducted our new Company Secretary, Sarah Thompson, who has bought a compliance and financial focus to the organisation.
- Engaged a professional book-keeper and an auditor to ensure our financial accounting, projections and reporting is accurate.
- Established connections with key public servants to build good working relationships with the public sector.
- Established internal policies and processes that ensure we are prioritising the right projects and undertaking them in the right way.