All Together Now: Annual Report 2013-2014
Last night, All Together Now, held its annual general meeting in the presence of its board, members and supporters. It was an opportunity to review our recently released annual report and recognise the anti-racism achievements during the 2013-14 financial year. In the Chairperson’s report, Kylie O’Reilly highlights some of these key achievements including:
- Our Exit project was again awarded a grant from the Attorney General’s Department for work to be completed during 2013-14.
- Over 23000 people have downloaded the Everyday Racism mobile app since its launch in January. The app was also recently awarded a finalist of the prestigious Intercultural Innovation Award by UNAOC & BMW in Bali.
- Together with the Football Federation Australia and the Professional Footballers Australia we held an Erase Racism round to raise awareness.
- Our Managing Director, Priscilla Brice, was awarded the prestigious Churchill Fellowship and completed her trip researching the factors which make non-profit racism prevention initiatives effective. The report on global strategies for racial equality is now available for download from the Churchill Fellowship website.
- We officially welcomed new board member Peter Seligman as our Company Secretary.
- We welcomed both Bruce Djite and L-FRESH The LION to our ambassador team with Andy Minh Trieu and Kristy Best. Bruce is an Australian professional footballer who currently plays for Hyundai A-League club Adelaide United as a striker. L-FRESH The LION is a practicing Hip Hop artist/musician. He has made a name for himself n the music industry as a leading voice on issues relating to social justice.
Leading up to our fifth birthday in June 2015, All Together Now will be reflecting on the recommendations from the Churchill Fellowship and looking for solutions to achieve racial justice in Australia. It will also be reviewing how it will make its business financially viable so it can continue this important work in the future.
All Together Now would like to invite its community to take a look our annual report to find more details of our major achievements, business activities and financial highlights available here.